Friday, January 4, 2013

Flea Market Friday

I am starting my first Series ~ "Flea Market Friday"



This week I visited Happy Trails Flea Market in Dodge City, Kansas. It's not the traditional flea market that many of you might be use to, but it's more like a thift store and an antique store wrapped into one. I need to get to know them a little better so I have an idea of how they find their merchandise. I recommend going if you have the chance.

(Someday I will insert a picture here of what it looks like).

I am pretty happy with my finds. I scored a few plates and candy dishes I hope to make into a pretty caddy as well as some tin baking pans. I am not sure what I am going to do with the vintage ABC chalk board and cork board, but I see some chevron fabric being in used in the future. The biggest score was the plunger rod I found laying on the ground that they gave to me for FREE!!! Best find of the day because it was free and I didn't have to tear off the rubber cup. Gross. Finally for $1 I purchased the purple bead board for necklace creations. I have dabbled in jewelry making in the past so maybe this with inspire me to get into the creative mood again.



Keep watch for my creations and tutorials. Just so you don't think I'm ignoring anyone my husband and I are in the middle of cleaning and putting our house back together after a minor bug problem. I really don't want to get into the details, but it did require us to move a lot of things outside while we cleaned and sprayed. I really hope and pray all our hard work paid off. If anything it forced us to downsize and I plan on selling a lot of things this summer so maybe there will be a pay out.

Take care and God Bless,
the Farm Girls


No comments:

Post a Comment