Monday, September 2, 2013

Project Life { Summer }

This summer I fell in love with the scrapbook style called ProjectLife by Becky Higgins. She and her products have revolutionized my scrapbook life. I use to love making pages, but with being a working mom I couldn't find a creative bone in my body sometimes so the pages and pictures would just sit. So a whole year of Emily's life went by with no pages. That's when I decided I needed to get something going again and found Becky's system. Its actually very easy and brilliant. I whipped out the pages you see in about 5 minutes.

Here is my critic on the system. You will need to invest some up front costs but it will last you a year. Hobby Lobby and Michales sells the system and always have coupons for at least 40% off one item. Secondly, also invest in a good cutter, not scissors, but the ones you cut paper with. You can find them in the scrapbooking area of most craft stores. I used this to cut smaller pictures. Adds something fun to the mix. Third, be ready to document what you did. You don't have to, but really it'll be your favorite part. You can buy the pens that come with the system (which I recommend), not necessary. Finally, remember to take pictures long and wide so you have different shots to fill the pages. It adds something special.

The two pictures below were from summer vacation with my hubby driving through the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. If you recognized it, yep that's Bella's red truck from the Twilight series. I love the series, but that's not why I was there. We wanted to see the ocean and feel the rain. We got lots of it. (:

My next pages will be our August adventures. Can't wait for my pictures to arrive. In my next post about project life I will share my photo printing tips.

<3 farmgirls

No comments:

Post a Comment