Sunday, April 13, 2014

Project Life - Honey Edition - Journaling Embellishments



In 2013 I began a new journey in scrapbooking called Project Life. It's a pocket system using 3 x 4 and  4 x 6 cards for journaling and embelishments. After a year I have really become addicted to this system. It's so easy and fun. There are no rules except the sizing, but I have found this to be the best part. Normally pictures come in a 4 x 6 format which is why I say it's the best part. If you're interested in what the system is all about I encourage you to visit the creators website:

www.beckyhiggins.com

There are other names for this style such as daily journaling or  pocket journaling, but Project Life is the name you'll most hear about. There are also other brands which I encourage you to look into. They are just as great. 

One of the things I thought about as I got into 2014 was choosing my color scheme. I decided to build off the remaining cards that I had from the Honey edition by Becky Higgins Project Life. I had probably half the Core kit left. Last year I really didn't know what I was doing so my layouts are mostly pictures, but I love the way my 2013 albumn turned out. Through out the year I pinned lots of Pinterest pins and read lots of blogs so I am making 2014 the year of embellishments. 

I recently took to the internet to find coordinating paper and embellishments to add to my Honey core kit. I was greatly disappointed by the lack of items. There are a few out there, but I want to take a moment to share what I did to compliment the Honey core kit. This was a cheap DIY that I think you will enjoy and could very easily replicate. 

To begin I went through my cards and picked out the ones I had multiples of. Some were patterns that as a whole were too busy for me. 


To do this DIY you will need a few simple tools:
- cutting board
- corner rounder
- scissors
- punch


As you can see I am missing a few of the items I mentioned above. After completing this project I will be looking into purchasing a star, various size circles, and a boarder punch. They will make this project perfect. The scissors I have, just did not put them in the photo. Oops! 

Since this post is about embellishments I want to share what kinds I am personally wanting to use in 2014. So far I have been grabbing for banners or journaling strips to add to my picture. I also love little pictures or stickers. I found I could make coordinating embellishments right for the core kit. 


It took about 30 minutes or so to get it all cut out, but they came out great. The bottom pile is scraps for the cards I cut. I plan on keeping them just in case I need a little strip. 

So those are my embelishments. I don't have any pictures right now to use them on, but Sunday is Easter so I am sure there I will be lots of pictures to journal after that. 

Have a great day! Love, 
Farm Girls

P.s. A tutorial on creating my storage basket is coming. Here is a sneak peek...








No comments:

Post a Comment